Monday, February 28, 2011

Self Interest Activity

I found a website (http://www.factmonster.com/) through an atricle that can be used as as interactive learning for the students. This website has facts that can range from science (planets, animals, weather, physics, etc) to math and money (measurements, money, fractions,etc). I work as a paraprofessional in a kindergarten group and we are now discussing about reptiles. While I was searching through this website, I found some interesting information about chalmeleons. This could be used while we discussed the chameleon in the book called, "A Color of His Own." Other than the information on the chameleon, this website is a better place for older students. This would be more effective for teachers to grab some information on their own time to use in the classroom. It is a waste of time for the students to use their limited class time on this. Overall, I think this site is not one of the best that I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment